Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Trey Philips saved Google from Shame.

Google, fix your blog pleeasssee! <3 . this title said it all.

This was google's official blog today 28-3-2006


(P.S. Just to clear things up, I'm not associated with Google at all. I just wanted to take advantage of this before someone else with less worthy intentions did. The username was giving a 404, so I tried registering a new blog with it. Surprisingly, it worked. Oh, and no posting URLs in the comments or else they'll be deleted.)

FAQ about google blog Blogspot issue

who claimed it?
Trey Philips.Just a student studying cognitive neuroscience at The University of Texas...
personal site here http://www.lazykarma.com/
blogger profile here http://www.blogger.com/profile/437751

UPDATE from official blog: We've determined the cause of tonight's outage. The blog was mistakenly deleted by us (d'oh!) which allowed the blog address to be temporarily claimed by another user. This was not a hack, and nobody guessed our password. Our bad.

UPDATE from Trey Philips who took googleblog.Regarding Google's Official Blog, I didn't hack it. I did re-register the username when I noticed, due to a Blogger bug, it had been deleted. (It's not the first time I've done something big on Blogger.) I tried keeping it as Google-oriented as possible. Right before I got to another update, Google had regained control of it.

Thus Trey Philips saved Google from shame. Its silly that the blog got deleted.
Blogger Help : How do I delete a blog?
To delete your entire blog, just go to Settings | Basic: ... Delete blog. Notes:. If your blog is a free blogspot blog, its files will be deleted and will ...
http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=70

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home